In recent times, technology has been pushing the boundaries of what our devices can achieve. The intersection of smartphones and external displays has been an exciting area of development. In this article, we will delve into the intriguing concept of using an iPhone, specifically the iPhone 15 Pro Max, to power an external monitor using an application known as Infinite X2P.
A Glimpse into the Future
As the narrator excitedly showcases in the video, the Infinite X2P application allows users to extend their iPhone’s display onto an external monitor. This cutting-edge feature is still in its test phase, with a target release date set for mid-to-late October.
Setup and Configuration
To utilize this innovative technology, you need to follow a simple setup process guided by the application itself. Here are the essential steps:
- Connect the Hardware: The iPhone is connected to the external monitor via a Thunderbolt and USB-C connection, facilitated by a CalDigit Hub.
- Mouse and Keyboard Setup: The application requires the use of a mouse and keyboard for proper functionality. The setup process walks you through configuring these peripherals.
- Accessibility Settings: In your iPhone’s settings, navigate to Accessibility, and ensure that AssistiveTouch is enabled. Additionally, turn on “Show Menu” and set the trackpad sensitivity to zero (turtle speed). Connect your Bluetooth mouse and keyboard.
- Application Setup: Return to Infinite X2P and complete the setup by ensuring your display and keyboard are connected.
The User Interface
Upon successful setup, users are greeted with a full-fledged user interface on the external monitor. Here’s what you can expect:
- Application Interface: The application presents a familiar desktop-like environment with various options, including web browsing, document editing, and more.
- Multitasking: The user interface supports multitasking, allowing you to have multiple windows open side by side.
- Window Management: You can resize, minimize, or maximize windows with ease, offering flexibility in managing your workspace.
- Audio Output: Audio output is directed to the external display, so connecting external speakers or headphones may be necessary for an optimal audio experience.
Pricing and Future Possibilities
Infinite X2P is expected to have a subscription-based pricing model, with options ranging from monthly to lifetime subscriptions. While the concept of using an iPhone as a computer is still in its early stages, it opens up exciting possibilities for the future.
The demonstration of Infinite X2P is a glimpse into the potential of using an iPhone as a versatile computing device. While it may not replace traditional computers entirely, it represents a significant step towards a future where your iPhone could be your all-in-one solution for various tasks. As technology continues to evolve, it’s exciting to imagine what other innovations lie ahead in the world of smartphones and external displays.